Develop Hadoop Jobs Quickly, Surely, and Productively
Karmasphere Studio on-boards mainstream developers to Hadoop, providing a specialized graphical environment for learning, implementing and optimizing MapReduce algorithms and data transformations.
Karmasphere Studio Community Edition is a graphical environment to prototype, develop, and test MapReduce jobs for Hadoop. It cuts the time, cost and effort to learn and get results from Hadoop. It increases productivity by shielding users from the intricacies of Hadoop and enables them to do more in fewer steps via a graphical user interface. Karmasphere Studio Community is a great way to explore and start working with Hadoop and MapReduce, regardless of your level of experience. New and experienced Hadoop users alike can:
- Prototype: Learn MapReduce programming without requiring a cluster and efficiently prototype on the desktop for later deployment to a cluster.
- Develop: Build Hadoop applications with guided development, wizards and syntax checking.
- Test: Increase productivity with an integrated system that streamlines Hadoop application testing all from the desktop.
Karmasphere Studio Community edition makes it fast and easy to develop and test MapReduce jobs.
Hadoop Distributions Supported
- Apache Hadoop (0.18, 0.19, 0.20)
- Amazon Elastic MapReduce (EMR)
- Cloudera (including CDH3, CDH3B3 and CDH3B4)
- EMC HD
- IBM InfoSphere BigInsights
- Amazon and Amazon AWS EMR
- Interactive workflow supports Java
- Streaming Interface supports a variety of languages including Perl, Python, and more.
- Amazon S3.
- Clusters located behind Socks proxies or SSH-based firewalls
- Windows 32 bit and 64 bit (Cygwin is required for Windows installations), Mac OS X (Cocoa 32 and 64)
- Linux 32 bit and 64 bit
- Eclipse IDE Version 3.5 or later
- Java Version: 1.6 update 16 or later.
- Development Support: Java Platform, Service Edition (Java SE) 6.0.